Thursday, March 31, 2016

FILIPINO Passport: Schengen Visa Application for Travelers Without Show Money

So, today marks the 100th day countdown for my trip to Germany.




Before I start, I will write about my past two applications which occurred last 2013 and 2014.
In 2013, I applied Schengen Visa (19 Days) as a graduating student. In 2014, I applied as unemployed (80Days) (I was preparing for board exam for Civil Engg). Luckily, those two applications went very smoothly especially the last application. For my trip this July 2016, I will apply as employed. You may message me for questions about these two previous applications as these may need further writing. Please take note that my application is under VISIT VISA. This applies if you want to visit European friends you met along your backpacking adventure, not necessarily boyfriend/girlfriend. Of course, this includes visiting relatives in Schengen States.


In this blog, I will write about my visa application process which will take place on my first Entry-GERMANY.

These are the documents I will submit:
Please note that requirements differ, case to case basis.



  • Passport
  • Two current passport pictures
  • Visa Application Form

  • You may fill-up the form in this website https://videx.diplo.de/
  • Signed Declaration according to §§ 54 and 55 AufenthaltsG

  • You may download and print this by clicking the link in the requirement page in the website of Germany Embassy. 
  • Proof of relationship to the sponsor 


  • e.g. Facebook Chat screenshots, snail mails, email, flight tickets of you together, courier forms, Viber messages, movie tickets, etc


  •  Printing your conversation does not necessarily printing all your conversation. Few pages is enough. 


  •  Sadly, photos will not save you. The embassy does not honor those lovely photos.


  • Informal Invitation from the sponsor (This is in letter form which includes the sponsor's important details)
  • Plane ticket reservation (You may get this from airline ticket reservation or travel agency)


  • Visa Fee (60 EUR)


  • Formal Obligation (In Germany, they call it Verpflichtungserklarung) 


  • THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT and shall be in original form. Yes, your friend should send this via DHL or any courier.


  •  This is the document that will spare you from submitting your personal bank account. Hence, less hassle!


  • Travel Health Insurance

  • From my previous research, the Embassy prefers travel insurance from Germany. Does not necessarily be in original form. Scanned copy is honored as well. I got my previous insurances delivered together with my Formal Obligation 
  • Approved leave of absence


  • Certificate of Employment



  • The Process:
    1. Set an appointment 3 months before your trip. You may do it online.
    2. Prepare all documents. Just make sure all documents are COMPLETE and in synchronized form. Follow the sequence in the Visa Requirement page which can be downloaded in German Embassy Website.
    3. Be on time, dress smart casual.
    4. Answer the questions honestly, avoid long answers. Yes if yes, No if no.
    5. After the interview, say Thank You and let the agony of waiting begins.

    Take Note:
    1. Visas can be delivered as soon as 2 days after the interview. But the normal processing time would take about 1 week.

    2. Consuls in the visa sections are Filipinas, you don't have to speak English at all.

    3. Prepare 2 sets of photocopy for each document.

    4. Make sure all details that you will input in the VISA APPLICATION FORM shall be all CAPITALIZED.


    You may leave your questions and I will be happy to answer them as soon as possible :)
    Happy travelling!



    No comments:

    Post a Comment